Wednesday 19 May 2010

Kids really do say the funniest things...

It's been a while since I've updated, and that's mainly because nothing of note has happened. Who wants to read a blog about me going to work, coming home, cooking the dinner, doing the cleaning, going to bed and then starting over then next day?!

My 3 year old (can't believe she's 3 now, it sounds so grown up!) started pre school a couple of weeks ago and it seems that this is the place where they start experimenting with language. She's always been quite advanced with her speech but I've had a few moments this week when I've just wanted the ground to swallow me up!

The problem is just the naivety of it all, it makes it so endearing. So here's a list of some of her quotes from the last couple of weeks:


  • My husband did 'Pinch Punch, 1st day of the month' to me. My daughter asked me to do it to her, so I did so very gently, to which she replied "Mummy, don't knock on me, I'm not a door!"
  • We were playing a 'bouncing on the sofa' game, when we went outside she said "Mummy, I actually don't like it when you throw me!" 
  • After taking "Billy the Bear" back to pre school after looking after him for a week: I like sleeping with Billy, it's fun!"
  • I really hope my daughter isn't the only one who likes saying words with different consonant sounds at the beginning. This morning we had 'Thank you" with a 'W' at the front. There have been several other incidents too!
  • She asked the lady on the checkouts with a lazy eyelid why she only had one eye.
  • She shouted at the top of her voice "Mummy I need a poo NOW" at a friend's son's birthday party
It's really cute, all of it, but I so understand now why my mum is still scarred from me standing behind the door shouting, "Mummy the milkman's here, do we have to hide today?" or the time when at the kids' pet service I told the vicar not to bless my dog because he was "a randy little sod!" If my daughter's saying these things at 3, what have I got to come?!

No comments:

Post a Comment