Monday 20 September 2010

Think before you speak.

I feel quite guilty sometimes that the majority of my posts are centred around my daughter. Being a couple of years older, they generally concern things she has said or done, or are about issues which I'm learning about as a parent for the first time, so I thought I'd do a post about my son today.

He's 17 months old now, and at the age where he's just learning his first few words, but isn't really talking in vast amounts yet. I thought it would be interesting to work out exactly which words he can say and use correctly. In addition to 'Yes' 'No' and 'Ta' here's a list of his vocabulary so far:

  • More
  • Snack
  • Juice
  • 'Over there'
  • TV
  • Ball
  • Teddy
  • Upsy Daisy
Bless him, he's got a long way to go, reading down that list, it could make you think that all boys do is expect to be waited on, eat, drink, watch tv and play with balls...

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Know what you mean about second child getting "neglected ". Have so much home video of eldest when tiny; hardly any of youngest (at least without her sister).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite some vocabulary...and the pronunciation's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I think that pretty much sums men up, don't you!? What a cutie x

    ReplyDelete